We invite you
A life-changing retreat experience
Beyond our magical world of Ytra Lón Farm & Retreat in the wildest Iceland, people live with stress, pressure, rushing, and disconnection from self. Is this your day-to-day experience? Looking for a way to escape the noise? Need rest and time for yourself?
What is it?
Ytra Lón Farm & Retreat is offering space to sit in nature with:
- The birds, foxes, and lambs
- Trolls, Elves, and Fairies
- An abundance of medicinal plants
- The healing water of the river and the ocean
- The powerful energy of the mountains
- Your senses regenerate and expand
- Your mind rediscovers natural contentment and peace.
We invite you to join us in Ytra Lón for silence and solitude, for your retreat in the Arctic, our residents tell us that they experience;
- total immersion in nature,
- feeling its healing power and becoming one with the Icelandic spirit.
- They return home feeling revitalized, refreshed, and healed and knowing the changes they will make in their lives as a result of this time out.
Individual Self-catering retreat
Self guided individual retreat in Arctic nature
Available all year round
From €915 / ISK 129.900 per person
All-Inclusive Self guided retreat
Self guided individual retreat in Arctic nature
Available May - September
From €1351 / ISK 191.900 per person
Arctic Business Retreat
The ‘Well-Deserved-Rest-And -Energize’ Retreat. Just let go…and trust.
Available 22. - 28. June
From €698 / ISK 99.800 per person
For your arctic retreat in Iceland
Ytra Lón Farm & Retreat is located at a working sheep and horse farm 14 km northeast of Þórshöfn.
The Lodge offers accommodation in 9 comfortable, spacious rooms with private bathroom. A total of 23 beds.
On the premises are a restaurant, a meeting room and a space for other activities. (Yoga, meditation, lecturing, etc.)
Ingredients we use for breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all our own high-quality products, we shop local, organic, and Fair Trade.
In our environment we re-purpose and re-use as much as we can, self-sustainability is our goal.
25 square meters
1-2 person apartment
Spacious, Inviting & Colorful for a memorable stay.
Double / Twin bed
Fully equipped kitchen
Private bathroom w. shower
- Breakfast buffet with a variety of homemade products.
- Dinner with a choice of delicious lamb and sheep meat, produced at our farm and raised in the mountains of Langanes. And wild trout, which we catch in the lake the farm is named after. In summer vegetables from our greenhouse highlight our dishes. • Lunch and snacks during the day.
- A soothing Jacuzzi on the porch. And a cold tub to cool down.
- Hiking tours around Langanes and the surrounding area.
- Sightseeing tours on the farm.
- 4×4 tours to Langanes peninsula.
Airport shuttle service.
Daytours from Akureyri and Húsavík airport.
Personalized day tours.
Rental cars through Europ car, get your offer!
Energy healing sessions with Mirjam.
Per person / per day / net price
- Spacious room with private bathroom.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks included (coffee/tea included, soft- and alcoholic drinks NOT included)
- Meeting room/yoga space included.
|Single room occupancy||€255|
|Double/Twin or Triple room occupancy||€200|
|Þórshöfn Airport shuttle service one way||€9|
- All prices are in euros, with 11% VAT included. Lodging tax included.
- Tripple room occupancy only when all rooms are occupied and the group needs more beds.
- Depending on the services bought, and the size of the group, 1 or 2 group leaders could receive a free stay, when staying together in a room.
- Check-in and check-out times are negotiable, depending on transportation to and from Ytra Lón.
- Let us help you find a lagniappe for your retreats! We’d really love to!
What our guests say
‘’Langanes is a very special region of Iceland. It is not on the map of the average tourist looking to check Iceland off her bucket list. People who come to this far-flung outpost have specific interests and goals - birds, quietude, a sense of isolation, wide open spaces, interest in local history.
Ytra Lón comes as a surprise. It is a working farm. The rooms are large, fitted with a mini kitchen and fridge, and tastefully furnished. To find this level of comfort in such a remote location is a blessing.
Perfect oasis of peace
‘’I really enjoyed my time in this charming place when staying in a spacious studio apartment. I appreciated a peaceful environment, liked my evening stroll along the river and a nice talk with my hosts. I even had a chance to explore their farm, meet horses and watch the sheepdog training.
I recommend joining one of the Langanes tours organized from Ytra Lón. It was amazing to listen to the stories of local farmers, discover more about Icelanders in general and on top of that admire a huge colony of gannets nesting on cliffs in Skoruvíkurbjarg. ‘’
Amazing place to stay!
‘'Wonderful place, lonely and hauntingly beautiful. Delightful studio, comfy bed, amazing set up, welcoming host and delicious food with many homemade delicacies. A place to remember and to recommend without reservation.''